Employment Opportunities at the Mental Health Association of NWPA
MHA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits hiring discrimination on the basis of national origin, age or sex. Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodations shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.
Click on this link for our employment application. Please print, complete and return to the MHA for consideration.
Permanent Positions Now Available at MHA
C/FST Mental Health and Drug & Alcohol Associate 1 Trainee Part Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: C/FST Team Leader
The Consumer/Family Satisfaction Team (C/FST)Member has face to face and telephone contact with consumers of mental health and drug and alcohol services or family members being served in Erie County. Surveys are completed to determine the level of satisfaction with mental health and drug and alcohol services. Team Member is responsible for following the data gathering procedures which are determined by the C/FST Team Leader and the agency'spolicy procedure manual. Team member must be able to work well with teammates. Team member must be able to represent the agency in the community professionally. Good judgment must be practiced and exercised while performing the duties of a C/FST member. Team Member must have working knowledge of all services connected to Consumer Family Satisfaction Team as well as mental health and drug and alcohol services.
- Assists with identifying multiple avenues for reaching the population of consumers receiving various mental health and drug & alcohol services.
- Conduct individual interviews, face-to-face surveys, phone surveys, open forums as assigned.
- Completed all paperwork associated with the interview process.
- Is able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge and understanding of the mental health and drug & alcohol services provided in Erie County.
- Participates with team members to identify possible systems and individual consumer issues that need to be addressed or improved.
- Complete training as assigned.
- Attends regional C/FST meetings and conferences as assigned.
- Identifies and refers consumers in need of resources to senior staff.
- Attends C/FST meetings and MHA staff meetings.
- Represents the Consumer/Family Satisfaction Team of the Mental Health Association within the community.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work flexible schedule which may include some evening hours.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to accept and follow directions.
- Knowledge of the Erie County Mental Health/Drug & Alcohol Systems and other community resources.
- Knowledge of the Vision, Mission, and Values of the Mental Health Association.
- Knowledge of the Operations and Policies of the Mental Health Association.
- Subscribe to ethical standards of confidentiality and HIPPA regulations.
- Ability to function as a team member.
- H.S. diploma or equivalent.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Valid PA Driver's License preferred.
- Submits to a pre-employ drug screen, position contingent upon results.
- Agrees to and complies with the MHA "drug free workplace" policy.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by staff to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the staff is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, and hear (hearing aid permitted). Specific vision abilities required by the job include peripheral and distance vision. The staff is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and use legs to lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the staff is occasionally exposed to outside weather. The noise level is usually moderate.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
MHA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROHIBITS HIRING DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGIOUS CREED, DISABILITY, ANCESTRY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE OR SEX. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES SHALL BE PROVIDED FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES AND REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS SHALL BE MADE TO MEET THE PHYSICAL OR MENTAL LIMITATIONS OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS OR EMPLOYEES
THE MHA OFFERS A COMPETITIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES PAID TIME OFF, HEALTH, VISION, AND DENTAL INSURANCE, LIFE & DISABILITY INSURANCE, AND A RETIREMENT SAVINGS PLAN.
Please send application to:
Mary Sackett, Human Resources Manager
Mental Health Association of NW PA
1101 Peach Street
Erie, PA 16501
or email to: email@example.com
~ Job Description ~