Mental Health Association of Northwestern Pennsylvania
1101 Peach Street
Erie, PA 16501-1812
Phone: (814) 452-4462
Fax: (814) 456-6593
Job Title: Warming Night Security Staff (As Needed)
Reports To: Center Team Leader
This is a part-time position which does not have specific hours per week. Persons in this role maintain a safe, comfortable environment for persons in need of shelter on nights when winter temperatures are forecast to meet criteria for opening the MHA facility for a Warming Night. They must be able to maintain order in the Center while being supportive and helpful to persons using the Warming Center. These positions are available to existing MHA staff or to individuals only seeking these specific duties.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Welcoming individuals to the Center and making sure all attendees are aware of rules and expectations.
2. In conjunction with co-workers, maintain order and enforce rules including requiring disruptive individuals to leave premises or contact police if necessary.
3. Be aware of resources available to shelterless persons in need of services
4. Respond to participants in distress in a supportive, respectful, but assertive manner.
5. Monitor all physical environments for safety, while protecting our material resources.
6. Recognize and manage crisis situations.
7. Assist volunteers to fulfill volunteer roles.
8. Provide role model for successful interaction skills, (assertiveness, conflict resolution, and boundary maintenance).
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. H.S. Diploma or GED
2. Have flexible availability on short notice to work from 11PM to 7AM
3. Act 33/34 Clearance. Act 151 Clearances.
4. Knowledge of the Mission, Vision and Values of MHA.
5. Ability to follow policies and procedures of the MHA.
6. Ability to meet schedules, plan, take direction.
7. Basic knowledge of internal resources as well as social service resources in the community.
8. Proven ability to interact with others compassionately yet assertively
9. Subscribe to ethical standards of confidentiality.
10. Ability to be a team player.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by staff to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear (hearing aid permitted). Specific vision abilities required by the job include peripheral and distance vision.
Staff is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and use legs to lift and or move up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those a staff encounters while performing the essential functions pf the job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Staff is occasionally exposed to outside weather. Noise level is usually moderate.
Employee:______________________________ Date:__________________________________ CEO:_______________________ Date:___________________________________ Developed: 4-09
On November 10th USPRA will debut the new USPRA Career Center, a new online resource for employment connections in the psychiatric rehabilitation field.
The new USPRA Career Center will provide you:
• FREE and confidential resume posting – Make your resume available to employers in the industry, confidentially if you choose. • Access to the National Healthcare Career Network (NHCN) – a growing network of over 200 healthcare associations and professional organizations.
• Job search control – Quickly and easily find relevant industry job listings and sign up for automatic email notification of new jobs that match your criteria.
• Easy job application – Apply online and create a password-protected account for managing your job search.
• Saved jobs capability – Save up to 100 jobs to a folder in your account so you come back to apply when you are ready.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to connect with the industry’s best employers! Check out the site at http://careers.uspra.org/jobs.
Go to Local Jobs
The Social Security Administration has recently received funding to hire a significant number of employees throughout the country. This hiring initiative offers a unique opportunity for individuals with disabilities who may want to get a job with SSA. These jobs will be at various skill levels including a number of entry-level positions. Detailed criteria and contact information
For other details on job listings contact Kate Bender at 452-4462 ext.132