Mental Health Association of Northwestern PA
Support Groups and Art Therapy Workshops
Active Support Groups
Our mission is to achieve the vision through: "choice, responsibility
and dignity without stigma."
Peer support groups for those experiencing mental and emotional issues. View our 'Schedule of Activities' for the exact time and day.
- Anxiety Peer Support Group
- The anxiety support group provides a safe and casual environment to explore ways to reduce anxiety and its disorders that fall under this category (panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, social phobia and general anxiety disorder).
- You can learn the craft of ceramics for the beginner or improve the skill level you already possess. Come and join this creative art program.
- Western Region Community Support Program
The Community Support Program (CSP) of Pennsylvania is a coalition of mental health consumers, family members and professionals working to help adults with serious mental illnesses and co-occurring disorders live successfully in the community. The Mental Health Association of Northwestern PA attempts to attend and participate in regional meetings.
- Depression and Bipolar Alliance Support Group(DBSA)
- DBSA support groups provide the kind of sharing and caring that is crucial for a lifetime of wellness.
- General Anxiety Disorder
This Mayo Clinic article discusses the signs, symptoms, treatment and coping skills regarding Anxienty Disorder. First among the coping skills is to join an Anxiety Support Group.
- Life Management Skills 101
- Learn life management skills through peer support to help overcome life's obstacles.
- Men's Issues
- Develop skills to help men take better care of their physical, mental and emotional health.
- Mental Health Forensic Peer Support Group
- Group seeks to extend core values into the lives of peers and family members who are currently or were formerly involved in either the corrections or supervision aspects of the forensic process.
- PTSD Support Group
- Peer support to anyone diagnosed with PTSD.
- Come and join in using our Christian faith to address the problems and difficulties we all experience in today's world.
- Schizophrenia Anonymous
Anyone diagnosed with schizophrenia or related disorders, is encouraged to visit our meeting. We meet in an informal setting with the expectation of recovery.
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP)
- The WRAP approach empowers you to take control of your own health and wellness, while reducing symptoms and improving the quality of life. The system has been shared with thousands of people through numerous support groups, workshops and seminars.
- Women's Issues
Meet with other women in the organization, to discuss issues specifically related to gender. Learn about public health issues. Discuss particular diseases and prevention alternatives.
Support and Educational Groups for Family Members
The process for changing between outpatient clinics at Stairways Behavioral Health and Safe Harbor Behavioral Health is outlined as follows:
- Write a letter to the clinic you are currently using stating why you wish to switch to another clinic.
- Your current clinic will arrange a meeting to try and resolve your issue.
- If issues cannot be resolved with your current clinic, you will be asked to sign releases so that Erie County Care Management will review your case.
- Erie County Care Management will attempt to resolve your issues with you and the current clinic.
- If Erie County Care Management cannot resolve your issues you will be asked to sign releases for your records to be sent to the new clinic.
- There will not be an interruption in services or medications. You will continue with services at the current clinic until you receive an appointment at the new clinic.